Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday with an extra stuffing of Broadway Bullet!
In this episode:
- Find out more about Ethel Merman in story and song! Klea Blackhurst is presenting her one woman show, EVERYTHING THE TRAFFIC WILL ALLOW at the Snapple Theatre celebrating the life and music of one of Broadway’s most enduring Divas. She shares two songs with us as well during her interview.
- The Brick Theater is presenting FIGHT FEST from Dec. 1-20. 8 Shows featuring all types of stage combat are featured for the action lovers. 4 of the participants, Alyssa Simon, Jeff Lewonczyb, Kate Wilkerson and Jacob Grigolia-Rosenbaum, stop by to discuss the festival and their shows.
- SHE LIKE GIRLS has been building buzz through readings and presentations for three years, and it is finally getting a full production from Dec. 3-29th. Director Jared Culverhouse and lead actress Karen Eilbacher stop by to discuss the history of the show, and the disturbing true-life event the show is based on.
- The Baroque Dance-Theatre Ensemble, Company XIV, is presenting two past audience favorites as well as a new production in Rep, THE APPLE TRILOGY. Performers Gioia Marchese and Lauren Careless stop by to discuss the productions and the company’s unique mission and approach to dance-theatre.
- In this episode’s segment of LUSH AND LIVELY, Dan Fortune shares with us a rare, Bossa-Nova recording of “Feelin’ Good”.